Once you’re accepted into the Students to Startups program, you’ll have access to workshops, mentor office hours, and peer-to-peer groups to support your development.
Intake Events + Courses
Offered fall and winter terms
Each school runs its own kick-off program or intake course, where you’ll form your first team, complete your initial business model canvas and some initial customer validation.
Official intake events, programs and courses include:
3 sessions, part-time, 5:30pm-7:30pm
U of A – Mondays (Nov 10, 17, 24)
NAIT – Wednesdays (Nov 12, 19, 26)
U of A – Mondays (Feb 23, Mar 2, Mar 16)
NAIT – Tuesdays (Feb 24, Mar 3, Mar 17)
Application deadline – Wed, Feb 18, 2015
- Builds on what you’ve done so far in your course, program or event
- Engages student teams during three (3) hands-on, peer-led sessions/meetups on campus
- Objective is to refine your current business model canvas, continue customer development and validation, and begin working on your MVP
- Session 1: Customer development and validation
- Session 2: Scale of problem/solution fit
- Session 3: Building/testing an MVP
- Teams will also schedule a field experience/visit to a local startup
- Teams that complete the fall term program are supported in winter term through mentor office hours and other events
Student Pitch Night
Startup Edmonton, 5:30pm-8:30pm
Fall Term: Mon, Dec 1, 2014
Winter Term: Mon, Mar 30, 2015
- Teams from all 3 campus programs invited to pitch night at Startup Edmonton.
- Connect with other student teams from participating schools.
- Up to 10 teams will be selected for the Summer @ Startup Program.
Summer at Startup Accelerator
12 weeks, full-time
Applications open – Mon, Mar 2, 2015
Application deadline – Fri, Mar 27, 2015
Program – Tue, May 12 to Tue, Aug 18
- Summer accelerator program for student startups.
- Up to 10 student teams invited to join us at Startup Edmonton.
- Teams work alongside other startups and entrepreneurs in the community.
- Full-time intensive program includes workspace, materials, books, meals, mentoring.
- Each team receives a small bursary to cover living expenses for the summer.
- Outcome: MVP launched, ramp up team, get to product/market fit.